Jyoti Raghavendra Munavalli
Designation :Associate Professor
Area of specialization :AI and Health informatics
Date of Joining BNMIT : 2/26/2018
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 14 years
Qualification: PhD, M.Tech., B.E.
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|PhD||Maastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands||Nov 2017|
|M.Tech in Digital Electronics & Communication||AMC Engineering College, Bangalore||Sept 2009|
|B.E. in Electronics & Communication||Rural Engineering College, Hulkoti, Gadag||Sept 2001|
- Teaching – 8+years
- Industry – 2 months
- Research – 10+ years
|1||Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE||BNMIT, Bangalore||Feb 2018 – till date|
|2||Asst. Professor, Dept. of Health IT||Institute of Health Management and Research, Bangalore||5 Months|
|3||Research Associate||Maastricht University, Netherlands||4 Years|
|4||Research Associate||PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore||3 Years|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of Telecommunication (M. Tech -DEC),||AMC Engineering College, Bangalore||1 Year|
|6||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||Islamiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||2 Years|
|7||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||6 Months|
|8||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE|
|Oxford Polytechnic College, Bangalore||1.2 Years|
|9||Lecturer, Dept. of Computer Science,|
|Anjuman-E-Islam Polytechnic College, Gadag||3 Months|
- Newsletter Coordinator, July 2018-till date
- SPOC: Website, Aug 2020-till date
- Test Coordinator, July 2018-June 2019
- ISTE Coordinator, Feb 2018-July 2019
- T5 mentor, Feb 2019-June 2019
- Organized a webinar on “Demystifying COVID-19: The pandemic, opportunities and coping strategies” in collaboration with IIHMR for students of BNMIT, IIHMR and other colleges, 14thAugust 2020.
- Member, organizing committee, FDP on “Digital Design Flow using Xilinx and MATLAB Tools for Image Processing Applications”, Jan 2020.
- Core member (mentor) in the inter-collegiate event ‘Prodothon’ on 14 November 2019.
- Member, organizing committee, Symposium on ‘Nanotechnology & its Applications’, 20th& 21st September 2019.
- Member, organizing committee, FDP on “IoT based Project Design and Development”, July 2019
- Organized workshop on “How to Learn?” for T5 mentors, Feb 2018.
Awards and Achievements
- Received course certificate on “Deep Learning for Business” from Yonsei University, in Coursera, 19 August 2020.
- Received Appreciation letter from BNMIT management for the year 2018-19, on 5thSept 2020.
- Received course certificate on “Introduction to Virtual Reality” from University of London, in Coursera, 19 August 2020.
- Participated as Faculty mentor for three teams with ids: 983773, 1522593 and 1080993 in DST and Texas Instruments India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2019 powered by AICTE and NSRCEL@IIMB.
- Received Elite-Silver certificate from NPTEL on “Introduction to IoT”, 2019.
- Received Elite certificate from NPTEL on “Python for Data Science”, 2019
- Scholarship for Ph.D., Maastricht University, Netherlands.
- Received merit prize for scoring highest in Kannada and Social Studies in 10thStandard (Loyola High School)
- Secured second rank for state in Kannada competitive exam, 1994.
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Computer Communication Networks, Management & Entrepreneurship Development
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Logic Design/Digital Electronics
- Antennas & Propagation
- Wireless communication
- Microwave & Radar
- Operations Research & Management
- Project Management
- Software Engineering
- C++, Simulation
- Embedded System Design
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Operating Systems
- Digital Communication
- Microelectronics circuits
- CMOS VLSI
- Advanced VLSI
- Advances in VLSI Design
- Mathematica & workbench
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Tools
- Eclipse -Java
- Network Simulator
- Automated testing tools
- Real-time scheduling and tracking systems
- Health Informatics
- Operations Research & Management
- Multi-Agent System Modelling
- Artificial Intelligence
- Smart devices
- Data Science and Analytics
- Prediction modelling
- Biomedical Applications
- Patent published with number 201941027532for Detachable Smart Faucet Device.
Recognized Research Guide/Supervisor in VTU, Belgaum
- Deepali B K, Chethana Saligram, Gowri K S, J Ajay Kumar, Jyoti R Munavalli, “Voice Controlled Personal Health Assistance Device using Natural Language Processing and Random Forest Disease Classifier”, Journal of Critical Reviews 7 (15), 2020, 3255-3265.(Scopus indexed)
- Akshatha Pramod, Deeksha.R, Neha H.C, Jyoti R Munavalli, “Automated Real-Time Locust Management using Artificial Intelligence”, International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2020 Vol. 5, Issue 4, ISSN No. 2455-2143, Pages 133-138.
- Rachana R. Vaidya, Aashvi Nagendra, Shreyas B., Jyoti R. Munavalli, “Predictive and Comparative Analysis for Diabetes using Machine Learning Algorithms”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020, 29(3), pp. 14407 – 14416.(Scopus indexed)
- Swathi Dayanand, Varshitha K R, Rohini T, Yashajyothi M Shirur, Jyoti R Munavalli. “Low Power High Speed Vedic Techniques in Recent VLSI Design – A Survey”, Perspectives in Communication, Embedded Systems and Signal Processing (PiCES) – An International Journal, 2020.
- Chethana Saligram, Deepali B K, Gowri K S, J Ajay Kumar, Jyoti R Munavalli, “Symptoms Extraction from a Voice Input using Natural Language Processing”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Vol. 9, No. 4, April 2020.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, S. Aravind, G.G van Merode, “An intelligent real-time scheduler for out-patient clinics: A multi-agent system model”, online first, Health Informatics Journal, Feb 21, 2020.(Scopus indexed) Health Informatics Journal, Vol. 26, No. 4, 2020 (Scopus indexed & Web of Science).
- J Ajay Kumar, Girish P Kulkarni,Jyoti R Munavalli, “Recent Trends and Developments in Computer Networks: A Literature Survey”, International Journal of Advances in Electronics and Computer Science, Vol. 6, No. 9, Sept 2019.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, S. Aravind, G.G van Merode, “Integral patient scheduling in outpatient clinics under demand uncertainty to minimize patient waiting times”, (Online first 8 March 2019), Health Informatics Journal, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2020.(Scopus indexed Web of Science)
- Jyoti R Munavalli, “Are we not losing that humane touch in healthcare?”, Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Healthcare, Vol. 5, No. 1, Oct 2018.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Veena S Murthy, “An Impact of Healthcare Innovations on Big-data and VLSI Trends”, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 7, 2018.
- Jyoti R Munavalli,Real-time Scheduling in Outpatient clinics, Maastricht University.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, S. Aravind, Usha Manjunath, G. G. van Merode, “A robust predictive resource planning under demand uncertainty to improve waiting times in outpatient clinics”, Journal of Health Management, Vol.19, No.4, 2017. (Scopus indexed)
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, S. Aravind, G. G. van Merode, “Optimization in Workflow Management: Ophthalmology”, Journal of Health Management, Vol. 18, No.1, 2016. (Scopus indexed)
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Frits van Merode, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, A. Srinivas, “Healthcare of India: Today and Tomorrow”, International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, vol.3, 2014.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, Frits van Merode, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, “Challenges in Healthcare”, Express Healthcare, May 2014, 36-38
- Jyoti R Munavalli,Shyam Vasudeva Rao, A. Srinivas, S. Aravind, Frits van Merode, “Takt-Time Based Resource Optimization Model to Minimize Patient Wait Time in a Hospital” at EURO (European Conference on Operations Research) XV, Vilnius, Lithuania 2012.
- Swetha Rani, Jyoti R Munavalli, “An efficient hardware design of an elliptic curve cryptosystem on FPGA” in a national level technical symposium in Shirdi Sai Engineering College, Bangalore, 2010.
- Jyoti R Munavalli, “Processing of Bit-Map Image Data for Pattern Recognition using Artificial Neural Network” at a Conference in New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore, 2009
- Jyoti R. Munavalli, Henri J. Boersma, Shyam Vasudeva Rao and G. G. van Merode, book chapter titled “Real-Time Capacity Management and Patient Flow Optimization in Hospitals Using AI Methods” in Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining in Healthcare, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Springer International Publishing, Edition 1, 2020.DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-45240-7
- Enjoy listening music and singing, but not a trained musician.