Designation :Associate Professor
Area of specialization :VLSI Design
Date of Joining BNMIT : 1st July 2005
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id :firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 27 Years and 5 Months
Teaching : 27 years 5 months
Qualification: M. Tech., M. Sc.(IT)
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|M.Tech.||UTL Technologies Pvt. Ltd., VTU Extension PG Centre, VTU||December 2011|
|M.Sc. (IT)||Karnataka state Open University||March 2005|
|B.E.||JNNCE, Shimoga, Mysore University||December 1988|
- Teaching – 27 years 5 months
|1||Associate Professor, Department of ECE,||Department of ECE, BNMIT, Bengaluru||since July 2012|
|2||Lecturer, Department of ECE,||BNMIT, Bengaluru,||since July 2005|
|3||Lecturer & H o D, Department of Electronics||The National College, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru||Dec. 1998 to June 2005|
|4||Lecturer||SJR College for Women, Bengaluru, Karnataka||July 1994 to Nov.1998|
|5||Lecturer||DVS Polytechnic, Shimoga, Karnataka||Dec. 1989 to April 1990|
|6||Lecturer||BIET, Davanagere, Karnataka||Aug. 1989 to Nov. 1989|
Awards and Achievements
- Coordinator, FDP on Physical Design Challenges in DSM node VLSI Systems – January 2017
- Speaker for the session on SDC commands in Physical design in FDP on Physical Design Challenges in DSM node VLSI Systems – January 2017
- Co Ordinator for Skill development program on VLSI-ASIC Logic Synthesis from from 6th February To 26th April, 2019.
- Invited talk at Acharya Institute of Technology on Physical Design Challenges in FDP on Physical design using Innovus – July 2019
- Co Ordinator for Skill development program on SoC Based IoT System using Xilinx Vivado from 3rd to 12th February 2020
- Coordinator and Resource person for FDP on Virtual labs in Physics from 3rd to 7th February 2021.
- Analog Electronic Circuits,
- Electronic Communication
- Wireless Communication
- Fundamentals of CMOS
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- DSP algorithms and Architecture
- Digital system design using Verilog
- ASIC Design
- Analog VLSI Design
- Low Power VLSI Design
- RF CMOS Design
- Analog and Mixed mode VLSI Design
- Synthesis and Optimization of Digital circuits
- CAD for VLSI Design
- Low Power VLSI Design Methodology
- SoC Design (Architectural description to PD design)
- Mixed Signal Design
Research Projects Completed
Title: Design of load aware adaptive drive strength CMOS Standard cell libraryFunding Agency: VTU, Belgaum, Karnataka, INDIAAmount: 10 LakhsDuration: 03 years (July 2011 – July 2014)
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Veena S. Chakravarthi
- Co – Investigator: Prabhavathi P
- Status: Completed
Nine different IP s (Protocol based and RTL proven) have been designed which can be fabricated or utilized in other designs.
- Compressive Sensing in 180 nm
- Low Dropout Regulator in 90 nm and 45nm.
- SAR based 7 bit ADC
- K Delta 1 Sigma ADC( 8 bit) with 56 db SNR
- Design and verification of PCIe 3.0
- Prabhavathi P, K U Prasad Bhat, Anirudh V, Hrishikesh Ravish, K V Kumaraswamy, “Design and Verification of Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) 3.0” published in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) Volume 7, Issue 8, August 2020 https://www.irjet.net/volume7-issue8 S.No: 154
- Rekha P, Prabhavathi P, Veena S. Murthy, Padmaja Jain “A Survey of Floral Aroma Sensors” published in International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 05 Issue: 07 | July 2018 www.irjet.net, p-ISSN: 2395-0072
- Prabhavathi P, Nikhita V “Design of Low-Dropout Regulator” published In International Journal of Applied Research, Volume 1, Issue 7, Page no. 323-330, 2015
- Prabhavathi P, Namratha N Petkar, “Implementation of 5 Bit Error Correcting BCH IP Core of Code length 255 on FPGA” Published in IJERM Volume 03 Issue 07 (July 2016)
International/ National Conference Proceedings
- P, Anirudh V, Prasad U Bhat, Hrishikesh Ravish, Kumarswamy K V, “ Design and Verification of PCIe 3.0” in IETE sponsored National Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering, Science and Technology, 2020 NCETEST, at RNSIT, Bengaluru, India – 17th June 2020. (Adjudged as Best paper)
- Prabhavathi P, Amulya Rao, Vandana Rao, Rachana Ramkumar “Compressive sensing using 180 nm Technology” in 4th International Conference on recent trends in Electronics, Informatics, Communication and Technology -2019 (RTEICT) at SVCE, Bengaluru, India – 17th -18th May 2019. (Now published in IEEE proceedings 02/03/2020: DOI-10.1109/RTEICT46194.2019.9016913)
- Prabhavathi P, Anirudh V, Prasad U Bhat, Hrishikesh Ravish, Kumarswamy K V, “ Design and Verification of PCIe 3.0” in IETE sponsored National Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering, Science and Technology, 2020 NCETEST, at RNSIT, Bengaluru, India – 17th June 2020.
- Prabhavathi P, Amulya Rao, Vandana Rao, Rachana Ramkumar “Compressive sensing using 180 nm Technology” in 4th Internationa Conference on recent trends in Electronics, Informatics, Communication and Technology -2019 (RTEICT) at SVCE, Bengaluru, India – 17th -18th May 2019.
(Now published in IEEE proceedings 02/03/2020: DOI-10.1109/RTEICT46194.2019.9016913)
- Prabhavathi P, Anuragini K “IOT based lightning prediction system and measurement of different weather parameters” in International conference on Multimedia Processing, Communication and Information Technology MPCIJ 2019 at JNNCE, Shivamogga, Karnataka during 8 -9, June 2018.
- Prabhavathi P, Asha S “Novel Communication Interface for IoT Applications” at 30TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON VLSI DESIGN & 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON EMBEDDED SYSTEMS. 7th -11thJanuary 2017 Hyderabad, India.
- Nagendra P. B, Prabhavathi P, Namratha N Petkar, “Implementation of 5 Bit Error Correcting BCH IP Core of Code length 255 on FPGA” in National Workshop on Cryptology NWC – 2016,11th -13th , Aug.2016, organized by Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering Shivamogga, Karnataka
- Prabhavathi P and Nikitha V “Design of Low- Dropout Regulator” published in International Journal of Applied Research, Volume 1, Issue 7, 2015, page no. 323 – 330.
- Prabhavathi P, Mahesh N B, Subodh Kumar Panda “ Design of A 12-Bit Cyclic Vernier Ring Time-to-Digital Converter” at VCASAN -2013- International conference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking, BNMIT, Bangalore, July 17-19, 2013
- Manu B N, Prabhavathi P “Design and Implementation of AMBA ASB APB Bridge for ARM SOCs”, at Student Conference of VCASAN -2013- International conference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking, BNMIT, Bangalore, July 17-19, 2013
- Pournima P R, Prabhavathi P, “ Design of Rail-to-Rail op-amp in 90 nm CMOS ” at Student Conference of VCASAN -2013- International conference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking, BNMIT, Bangalore, July 17-19, 2013
- Shwetha H N, Prabhavathi P “7 bit, 200 KSPS SAR ADC with Ultra low energy DAC and Clocked Comparator” at National Conference NCCSC – 2012 at KSIT, Bangalore, August 6, 2012( Adjudged best paper & presentation).
- Veena S K, Prabhavathi P “Low Latency Parallel Architecture DPLL”, at National Conference National conference on VLSI and Communication System( VCS), at BIT, Bangalore, 30 & 31st October 2012.
- Ramya Rajan, Prabhavathi P , Dr. Veena S Chakravarthi, “Design of a 4 bit accumulator using new 45nm low leaky standard cells”, IP-SoC 2011 Conference, Grenoble, France, Dec 7-8, 2011.
- Ramya Rajan, Prabhavathi P, Dr. Veena S Chakravarthi, “Study of effectiveness of circuit level leakage power optimization techniques in DSM CMOS cells” at Proceedings of the International conference on Energy & Electrical systems ICEES- 2011, Kualalumper, Malasia.
- Prabhavathi P, Dr. S B Bhanu Prashanth, Premananda P “Modeling and Design of K Delta 1 Sigma ADC ” at NCSCV10, SDMCET, Dharwad, Aug 13th 2010.
- Prabhavathi P, Dr. S B Bhanu Prashanth, Premananda P “Design of K Delta 1 Sigma ADC” at NEWS10, BMSCE, Bangalore-04, Aug 4th 2010.
- Prabhavathi P, and Dr. Veena S. Chakravarthi “At speed scan test challenges and future scope of work – A Survey ”, National conference on Recent trends in Instrumentation, Communication and Microelectronics INCOMM – 10, April 9th and 10th 2010 at Shri Vaishnav Institute of Technology & Science, Indore(MP). (Adjudged best in faculty category).
- Prabhavathi P, Dr. M. S. Suresh “Coding data for energy miser wireless sensor network for data acquisition systems”, Prabhavathi P; National level conference on “Modern Trends in Communication” Oct 15-16, 2008; Vemana Institute of Technology, Bangalore. (adjudged best in category).
- Prabhavathi P “A Study of Substrate technology and survey of modeling techniques for substrate resistance extraction” Paper presented at the National Conference on Next Generation Networks at B N M Institute of Technology, Bangalore in March 2007.
- Blogger on Technical topics
- Columnist on Science related topics in newspapers.
Any other things
- Life member – Karnataka Rajya Vignyana Parishat
- Life member – IEI
- Life member, The Institution of Engineers(India) (IEI)
Any other things:
- VCASAN-2013, BNMIT, Bangalore 17-19 June 2013
- VLSID 2013 At Pune, India on Fellowship from 7 th Jan to 9 th Jan 2013
- VDAT 2014 at P S G Tech, Coimbatore on Fellowship from 16th to 18th July 2014
- VLSID 2014 at IIT-B, Mumbai from 5th to 7th Jan 2014
- VLSID 2017 at Hyderabad 5th– 7thJan 2017
- SPCOM 2020 (online) at IIsc. Bengaluru 19th– 24th of July 2020
Participation in Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Attended FDP at NIT Calicut and “CMOS Design”(24th-30th June 2013).
- Attended Didactic workshop on “ Electronics System Design , Manufacturing & Testing(ESDMT )” (27thJuly – 31st July 2015).
- Attended FDP on “Micro and Nano Sensors for Health Monitoring” at MSRIT 6Bengaluru, from 6 th to 11th June 2016 (Supported by TEQIP –II and IEEE Sensor Council/Bangalore Section).
- Attended FDP on “Computer and Wireless Networks” Department of ECE,BNMIT, heldbetween 11th to 16th July 2016.
- Attended six days FDP on “Physical Design challenges in DSM Node VLSI systems”, 16th to 21stJanuary 2017at BNMIT, Bengaluru.
- Attended FDP on “Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning” by Cognizant in BNMIT, 20thand 21st June 2019.
- Attended FDP on “IOT based Project Design and Development” from 24th to 29th June 2019 at Department of ECE, BNMIT, Bengaluru
- Attended FDP through MOOC on “Synthesis of Digital systems – NPTEL – AICTE”
from August –November 2019
- Attended FDP on “VLSI Chip Design Hands-on using Open source EDA Tools” conducted by MNIT Jaipur in association with Electronics and ICT Academies from 16th – 20th December 2019 atPSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- Attended FDP through MOOC on “VLSI Physical Design – NPTEL – AICTE” from January –April 2020
- Attended FDP on “Machine learning and Deep Learning using Python” at RNSIT, Bengaluru from 30th Jan 2020 to 1st Feb 2020.