Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculties.
Major Indicators for consideration
Assessment of innovation and startup ecosystem in HEIs will be based on Seven parameters with certain weightages allocated as below.
- Budget, Expenses to Support & Revenue Generated (20 Marks).
- Infrastructures & Facilities to Support Innovations and Start-ups (10 Marks).
- Awareness Activities for Promoting Idea Generation and Innovation (20 Marks).
- Promotion and Supporting Entrepreneurship Development (20 Marks).
- Intellectual Property (IP) Generation, Technology Transfer and Commercialization (14 Marks).
- Innovative Learning Methods & Courses (10 Marks).
- Innovations in Governance of the Institution (6 Marks).
ARIIA ranking will certainly inspire Indian institutions to reorient their mind-set and build ecosystems to encourage high quality research, innovation and entrepreneurship. More than quantity, ARIIA will focus on quality of innovations and will try to measure the real impact created by these innovations nationally and internationally. Moreover, ARIIA will set tone and direction for institutions for future development for making them globally competitive and in forefront of innovation .
Salient Features of ARIIA
- The methodology designed to calculate ARIIA metrics considers all major parameters/ indicators used globally to rank education institutions for innovation output. Additionally, ARIIA also measures some parameters which are India specific considering the current scenario and status of higher education in India.
- The ARIIA parameters are primarily organized in major broad parameters with 7 indicators which are further elaborated into suitable sub-heads. Each broad head has an overall weight assigned to it. Within each head, the various sub-heads also have an appropriate weight distribution.
- To ensure transparency in ranking system, an attempt is also made to identify the relevant data needed to suitably measure the performance score under each sub-head. Emphasis here is on identifying data that the institution can easily provide or is easy to obtain from third party sources and easily verifiable, wherever verification is needed. The overall score is computed based on the weights allotted to each head.
- The overall score can take a maximum value of 100.
- The institutions will be rank-ordered based on their scores.
Eligibility Criteria of ARIIA
All recognized Higher Educational Institutions of India are eligible to participate in the ARIIA ranking.
Ranking of BNMIT under ARIIA (Yearwise):