- To reach out and make a positive difference.
- To ensure the total well-being of all the members of the BNMIT family.
- To understand, empathize and treat every individual with respect & compassion.
- To provide student-friendly and supportive services.
- To facilitate the total well-being of students be it emotional, mental, physical, health, and academics.
- To enable students to have a higher and better understanding of themselves.
- To empower them with knowledge, skills, appropriate attitude, and aptitude.
- To give them a patient hearing understanding their needs/challenges and to empower them.
Dr.Madhuri Anand, Counsellor & Therapist
About Dr. Madhuri Anand
Dr. Madhuri Anand has been in the profession of counseling since 2004. A Helping Hand volunteer at – St. Johns Hospital and Mathru Chaya center, Banjara Academy and a couple of orphanages, a Helpie for the Suicide Helpline and Sahai helpline.
She is part of BNMIT family since 2009
Dr. Madhuri has Diploma in Counselling skills, M.Sc in Psychology, PGDM in Psycho Neurobics and PhD in – “Role of Stereographic Images and Psycho Neurobics Meditation for Enhancement of Concentration and Reducing Stress among Adolescents. ” She is also a Honorary Doctorate holder, awarded for her contribution in “Reaching out and Enriching lives”
Dr. Madhuri has learnt and mastered various healing techniques and skills to reach out and make a positive difference to the lives she touches.
Unique Features of the Department
- Handwriting Analysis
- Guided Meditation with Psycho Neurobics
- Healing & Wellness Sessions
- Organizes Trips for the Staff
- Healing – Using various skills and techniques such as
- Life Skills
- Acupressure & Acutouch
- Art Therapy
- Colour Therapy
- Angel Therapy
Issues handled during Counselling:
- Personal life issues
- Relationships – Parents, Sibling Rivalry, Family, Broken Friendships
- Academics – Study Skills , Fear of Examinations & Goal setting
- Time, Stress & Anger Management
- Guilt, Loneliness, Hopelessness, Helplessness
- Low Self Esteem, Low Self-confidence
- OCD, Fears, Depression
- Worry, Grief & Anxiety
- Physical & Mental abuse
- Being Responsible & living with self awareness
- Stammering , Nervousness