Charithra C M
Designation : Asst. Professor
Area of specialization : Statistics, QT and Finance
Date of Joining BNMIT : 12/09/2011
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 9.5 Years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||from VTU||Thesis Submitted|
|M.B.A||Department of MBA, BIT, VTU||2011|
|B.E||Vivekananda College of Engineering, VTU||2009|
Experience: 9.5 years
|1||Asst. Professor Dept. of Management Studies||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2011 – Till date|
- BOE Member, Management Studies (UG and PG), Dayanand Sagar University for the academic year 2015-16 and 2016-17
- Member, Anti- Ragging Committee 2019-20, BNMIT
- Department Coordinator for the Website development
- In charge of Student Skill Development Programs at the Department
- Business Statistics and Analytics
- Statistics for Managers
- Quantitative Techniques
- Quantitative methods-I
- Quantitative Methods-II
- Operations Management
- Entrepreurship Management
- Supply Chain management
- Investment Management
- Risk management and Insurance
- Research Methods
- Business Analytics
- Investment Management and Financial Services
- Banking and Financial Services
- TORA for Quantitative Techniques
- E- views
Research Interest :
- Behavioral Finance (Pursuing PhD in the topic “Stock Market volatility and Spill over effect in selected developed and developing Asian markets” Under VTU)
- Article on “Relationship between Exchange Rate and Stock Market Volatility in India : An Empirical Analysis” accepted for publication in Indian Institute of Finance, Scopus indexed, Dec 2021, (Vol XXXV No 4)
- Published an article entitled “Determination Of Optimal Investment Strategy Using Technical Analysis” in International Journal of Management, Technology And Engineering, Volume X, Issue IX, SEPTEMBER/2020, ISSN NO : 2249-7455, p 12-24.
- Published an article entitled “How Rewarding is Technical Analysis: Evidence from IT and FMCG Sector” in International Journal of Management, Technology And Engineering, Volume X, Issue IX, SEPTEMBER/2020, ISSN NO : 2249-7455, p 25-32.
- The effect of Global Linkages on Stock Market Volatility : A study on selected Developed and Developing, in MERC Global’s International Journal of Management, Volume 7, Issue 4, October 2019, ISSN: 2321-7278
- A Study on Risk and Return Analysis of selected Financial Services Companies Listed on NSE, , International Education and Research Journal, Volume 5, Issue 7, ISSN: 2454-9916.
- Equity Research Using Technical Analysis , International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science |Volume III, Issue VII, ISSN 2454-6186
- A Study on Risk and Return Analysis and Data Envelopment Analysis Srusti Management Review- A journal of Management & IT, Volume – Xl | Issue – II | July – December 2018, ISSN: 0974-4274.
- “Financial Performance Analysis of Orange County Resorts & AMP Hotels Ltd., Bangalore” a 2 day International Conference on ‘Innovative Practices in Management and Entrepreneurship’ organised by BNMIT, Bangalore on December 27 & 28, 2018.
- “Transmission of Stock Returns: Mean and Volatility Spill over Effects in Selected Stock Market” a 2 day International Conference on ‘Innovative Practices in Management and Entrepreneurship’ organised by BNMIT, Bangalore on December 27 & 28, 2018.
- Convergence of Microfinance Institutions- A Study on Performance of Select MFIs A two day International Conference on Global Convergence of New Age Business Practices and Strategies organised by Mount Carmel College, Autonomous and Binary University, Malaysia on March 1 & 2, 2018.
- Employee Job Satisfaction in Helios &Matheson , An International Conference at Christ University, Bangalore on 6th March 2015.
- Impact of Union Elections on Stock Volatility An International Conference at SDM, Mysore on 22nd and 23rd August 2014.
- Venture Capital financing and growth of start-ups National Seminar on ‘Indian Startups: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities’ organised by Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati on February 28 &29, 2020.
- Comparative Analysis of Balance Sheet with reference to Multiple Special steel. Pvt. Ltd., , , A National Conference on Innovation in Management & Entrepreneurship at SJB Institute of Technology on 4th May 2019
- Crypto Currency- the rise of Digital Cash A National Seminar on ‘Digital transformation Trends in Financial Services: Challenges and Opportunities’ Organised by Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati on March 23 & 24, 2018.
- A Study on GST awareness among the General Public in Bangalore, A National Conference at Davengere University on 13th April 2017
- Demonetization- A Comparative Analysis of Volatility between Nifty 50 and INR-USD Exchange rates, A 2 day National Conference at Stanley College of Engineering on 27th and 28th Feb 2017
- A Study on effectiveness of Performance Management with reference to Altran Technologies, Bangalore,A National Conference at KSSEM on May 6th 2016.
Sports : Played District level Badminton tournament
- Completed online certification course on “Introduction to Financial Markets ” in the month of September 2020 from ISB, on Coursera for digital platform
- Completed Six Sigma Green Belt online certification from May 3 to May 12, 2020 organized by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises-Technology Development Center, Government of India.
- Completed Six Sigma Yellow Belt online certification from April 11 to April 12, 2020 organized by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises-Technology Development Center, Government of India.
- Completed online certification course on “Financial Markets and Investment” in the month of April 2020 from Globsyn Business School, a global platform for digital learning.
Workshops and FDP’s Attended
- Participated in six days online FDP on “Risk Management for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) organized by SSN School of Management & AICTE from 21 to 26th September, 2020
- Participated in a Webinar on “Innovations in the Indian Financial Markets” on 26th August Organized by IIMT and Finmark Traders Pvt. Ltd.
- Participated in a Faculty Development program on “Selection of right statistical Methods for data analysis” on 17th July organized by BIMS, Bangalore
- Participated in a National Level Webinar on “How to write Research Papers and Publish in International Journals” on 9th July 2020 Organized by Dr. AIT, Bangalore
- Participated in a Webinar “Evolve: A shift in thinking” on 25th and 26th June 2020,orgaised by Modern college of Engineering
- Participated in a 2 week Faculty Development program on” Research Publication and Funding “ from8th to 19th June 2020 organized by BMS College of Engineering.
- Participated in a five day National Workshop on “ Outcome based Education and NBA accreditation” , Sponsored by VTU- TEQIP 1.3 at Jyothy Institute of Technology from Jan 13- Jan 18, 2020.
- Participated a 3 day FDP on “MS Excel”, Organized by B.N.M Institute of Technology, Bangalore from July 30 –August 1, 2019.
- Participated in 10 day Faculty Development Programme on “Transcending Language Skills”, Organized by B.N.M Institute of Technology, Bangalore from July 15-July 25, 2019.
- Participated in a 1 day Industry Academia Interface on “Imperatives of Engineering Education: Enhancing skills and Employability”, held on July 19, 2019.
- Participated in 4 day FDP on “Data Science- Impact on Business Decisions”, organized by M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, from April 10-13, 2018.
- Participated in 3 day FDP on “ Econometrics for Financial Research “ held at BNMIT from 29th to 30th Jan 2018
- Participated in “ IEEE Awareness workshop on Accreditation in Engineering Education” held at BMSCE on 3rd July 2017
- Participated in “ Research Themes in Finance and Econometrics for Research in Finance” , a FDP held at RVIM on 27th April 2017
- Participated in “ Affordable IPR” conference held at KAASIA on March 9th 2017
- Participated in “ Teachers for Catalysts for Change” a one day workshop on 21st Jan 2017
- Participated in “ Research Methodology and Latex” a three day workshop organized by VTU e- learning centre from 21st to 23rd December 2016.
- Participated in “Competency Mapping and Competency Development Workshop” 2 day workshop on 2nd and 3rd December 2016.
- Participated in “ Innovative Teaching Methods” a 6 day QIP organized by NITTTR from 18th July to 23rd July 2016
- Participated in “ 360 degree Approach to Competency Enhancement of Management Faculty” 5 day FDP from 11th to 16th July 2016
- Participated in “ Econometrics for Business Research” a 2 day FDP organized by Kristu Jayanthi College on 11th and 12th March 2016
- Participated in “IPR’s- Significance for Academia in Business & Research “ FDP on 20th August 2015
- Participated in “ NBA Awareness Programme” conducted by BMS College of Engineering in association with VTU on 21st July 2015-
- Participated in “Supply Chain Management: Best practices and Challenges.” A 2 day workshop organized by BNMIT on 19th and 20th March 2015.
- Participated in “Entrepreneurship Development Program”, a 5 day workshop organized by BNMIT. 27th to 31st Jan 2015
- Participated in “Business Analytics “Workshop at VTU Regional Office, Bangalore on 6th September 2014
- Participated in “Lean Six Sigma” A One day workshop organized at FKCCI, on 4th April 2014
- Participated in “Business Analytics”, A one day training program provided by MSME On 13th December 2014.
- Participated in “Pedagogy for Revised Second Semester MBA Subjects and Skill based questions (Quantitative methods-II) at PESIT on 6th April 2013
- Participated in “Data Analysis using advanced statistical tools”, 3 day workshop organized by BMS College of Engineering , from 28th to 1st March 2013
- Participated in Innovative Teaching and Effective Communication from 18th to 20th July 2012
- Participated in “Research for Aspirants”, 3 day workshop program organized by PESIT from 23rd to 25th Jan 2012
- Participated in a workshop on Pedagogy for Revised First Semester MBA Subjects( Quantitative methods-I)at PESIT on 13th October 2012.