Dr. N. Mukund Sharma
Area of specialization :
Date of Joining BNMIT :
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) :
E-mail Id :
No. of years of Experience :
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|PhD||University of Mysore ,India.||2012|
|M.B.A||Finance, University of Mysore, India.||2003|
|M.com||Business Taxation, University of Mysore,India||1999|
|B.com||University of Mysore ,India||1997|
Experience: 17 Years
|1||Professor & Incharge HOD Dept. of Management Studies||BNMIT, Bangalore, India|
- Member, BOS in Business administration of VTU 2016-19.
- Member, BOE in Business administration of VTU2012-13 and 19-20
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute Level):
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at City Engineering College, Bangalore2014-15.
- BOE Member, MBA, Board of Examinations, BMSCE (Autonomous),Bangalore.
- BOE Member, MBA, Board of Examinations, DayanandSagar University
- Worked as a Chief Co-coordinator of International Conference conducted by MBA Department, BNMIT during Dec 2018
- Life Member, Bangalore Management Association
- Financial Markets
- Taxation and International Finance
List of subjects handled:
- Advanced Financial management
- Banking and Financial Services
- Project appraisal planning and control
- Tax management
- Investment Management
Research Experience Details: Ph.D
- Awarded Doctoral degree from University of Mysore in the year 2102 The title of the thesis was “Currency Exposure Management by Business Enterprises in India: An empirical Study.” The study was undertaken to analyse the currency exposure management practices followed by the business enterprises in India and to suggest the measures to improve the management of currency exposure.
- The “Impact of Mission10x Workshops on Engineering Faculty: A Study on Teaching and Learning Practices Across Select Colleges under Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka” with specific reference to the training imparted by Wipro Technologies ltd, Bangalore to engineering college teachers of various colleges under VTU, Karnataka.
|Name of the Candidate||University||Year of Registration||Status|
|Mrs. Saritha Prasad||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2013||Pursuing|
|Mrs. TriptiArvind||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2013||Pursuing|
|Mrs. Charithra C. M.||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2015||Pursuing|
|Mr. K Sridhar||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2015||Pursuing|
|Mrs. Ibha Rani||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2013||Pursuing|
|Mr. Ishwar N Maanay||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2019||Pursuing|
(International & National)
- The impact of currency options on exchange rate volatility: indian experience, Journal of Critical Reviews, Vol 7, Issue 3, 2020, ISSN- 2394-5125 (Scopus Indexed)
- Assessing the performance efficiency of Foreign banks in Indian context- A DEA approach, Qualitative and Quantitative Research Review, Vol 3, Issue
- 2018, ISSN No: 2462-19783.Impact of Arbitrage Opportunities on Currency Futures Market in India, International Journal of 360 Management Review, Vol. 07, Issue 01, April 2019, ISSN: 2320-7132 674
- Comparative performance evaluation of LIC Housing finance Limited and GIC housing finance limited using CAMELS model, Mukund Sharma &K.Sridhar, Finance India, (Accepted for Publication in Sep 2018issue)
- A Comparative Study on Housing Loan Perception of Borrowers with respect to SBI and ICICI Banks in Bangalore City, Mukund Sharma &K.Sridhar, International Education and Research Journal ,Vol. 3, Issue.6, E-ISSN No. 2454-9916, June2017.
- Demonetization Demystified- Impact on Nifty 50 and INR- USD Exchange Rate Volatility, Mukund Sharma & C M Charithra, Intercontinental Journal of Finance Research Review-, Vol 5, Issue 5 ISSN:2321-0354, May 2017.
- Demographic and socioeconomic influence shaping usage of online channel for purchase of food and grocery, Mukund Sharma &Saritha Prasad, Indian Journal of Marketing, Volume 46, Issue 10 (Indexed in scopus and google scholar ), Oct2016.
- Impact of Union Elections on the Stock Volatility, Mukund Sharma & C M Charithra,Journal of Exclusive Management Science , Vol 4 Issue 1, January2015
- Value relevance of accounting information: a comparative study of public and private sector companies in India, Mukund Sharma,Asia Pacific Journal of research, Vol I, Issue XII, April 2014
- Performance of Indian Public and private sector banks: A comparative study, Mukund Sharma, International Journal of Economics and business review, Vol II, Issue III, March2014.
- Survey of Currency Derivative usage by Indian SME’s, Mukund Sharma,Terengganu International Finance and Economics Journal (TIFEJ), Volume 1, Issue 2, 2011. ISSN 2232- 0539.
- Foreign Exchange Risk Management by Indian IT companies: An Empirical Analysis, Mukund Sharma &PrabhuDev,Journal of Southeast University, China, Volume 24, June 2008 pp 187- 190 ISSN1003-7985
- Service Tax Impact on Real Estate sector, Mukund Sharma Southern Economist, Volume 45, Issue 22, 2007 March 15. ISSN 0038-4046 pp16-17 14.Currency Risk Management Avenues for Indian Corporates : Role of RBI, Mukund Sharma Southern Economist, Volume 45, Issue 23 & 24, 2007 April. ISSN 0038-4046 pp13-14
- Management of Currency Exposure in India : A View, Mukund Sharma, Southern Economist, Volume 44, Issue 21, 2006 March. ISSN 0038-4046 pp13-16
- Falling Dollar: A Risk for Emerging Markets, Mukund Sharma, The ICFAI Journal of Professional Banker, Volume 5, Issue 2, Feb 2005 pp 10-13 ISSN0972-5121
- Derivatives: Risks and Best Practices, Mukund Sharma, The ICFAI Journal of Financial Risk Management, Volume 3, Issue 1, March 2006 pp 10-13 ISSN0972-5121
In National/International Conference Proceedings
- An empirical Investigation into Use of Exchange Traded Currency Options among Indian Exporters, 4th International Conference on Management and Economics, August 2015 conducted by University of Ruhuna,Srilanka.
- Performance of Indian Public and Private Sector Banks: A Comparative study, International Conference on Arts, Economics and Management (ICAEM’14), March 22-23, 2014 at Dubai (UAE) ISBN:978-93-82242-82-6
- Impact of IFRS on Indian Banking, International Conference on Strategic Management: Emerging Economies Perspective, 25th Oct 2013, conducted by Oxford College of Business Management, Bangalore. ISBN:978-93-5142-199-3
- Relationship between Exchange Rate Volatility and Currency Futures Trading: Indian Experience, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance & Accounting, August 3-4, 2012 conducted by SDMIMD, Mysore. ISBN:978-81-922146-2-7
- INR Appreciation: Export sops not the only remedy
- Stronger Rupee – A Momentary Setback for Exports
- Appreciating INR: India’s bane and Bangladesh’s blessing
- Tackling interest rate hike on credit card dues
- Impact of service tax on real estate sector
- RBI,s exchange-traded rupee gives a ray of hope to Indian exporters
- The other side of Rupee appreciation
Papers presented in International/National Conferences
- 6th International Management conference on Recent Innovations in Economics, Finance and Corporate Governance. Uniglobe College, Katmandu, Nepal, March 2019.
- 4th International Conference on Management, and Economics, University of Ruhuna, Srilanka, August 2015.
- International Conference on Arts, Economics and Management (ICAEM’14), March 22-23,2014 Dubai (UAE)
- International Conference on Strategic Management: Emerging Economies Perspective, 25th Oct 2013, conducted by Oxford College of Business Management, Bangalore.
- 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance and Accounting, Conducted by SDM Institute for management Development, Mysore during August 2013.
- International Conference on Emerging Trends in Finance and Accounting, Conducted by SDM Institute for management Development, Mysore during August 2012.
- Macao International Symposium on Accounting and Finance 2011, conducted by Macao Accounting and Finance Association held at Macao, during Nov2011.
- International Conference on Business and Finance conducted by ISB Hyderabad during March 2010.
- International Conferenceon Risk Management (ICeRM 2008) conducted by South East University, Nanjing, China, during June2008.
- International Conference on Issues in Finance conducted by Jadavpur University, Kolkata during Jan 2008.
- National Level Seminar at A V PG centre , Hyderabad, during Nov2005.
- Quality Improvement Programme on “ New Venture Creation: Sustenance and Growth”, Sponsored by AICTE and Conducted by TAPMI, Manipal during Jan2006.
Invited Talks Delivered:
- Delivered lectures at Belarus State Economic university and Belarusian State University, Belarus during February2018.
- Conducted Executive development Programme for employees of Yamaha Motors India Pvt Ltd.
Chairmanships at National/International Conference/Seminars:
- Chaired technical sessions at International conferences held at University of Ruhuna,Srilanka
- Chaired technical sessions at International conferences held at Katmandu Nepal
- Chaired technical sessions at International conferences held at BMS college of Engineering, Bangalore.
Participation in Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Participated in Workshop on “New Model Curriculum for MBA – CBCS Detailed Syllabus (2018-19) as per Outcome-Based Education (OBE) format including Course Outcomes (CO) and Bloom’sTaxonomy”
- Participated in One Day Workshop on “AICTE Model Curriculum” for UG and PG Programmes held on 12th March 2018 at BMS College of Engineering, Bengaluru.