Upskilling for the future: Technical Innovations & Research Opportunities in Power Engineering
Program: 5 days international virtual faculty development program
Date:10th-14th August 2020
Participants: Academicians, PG students and research scholars across the world.
Learning, whether at an individual or corporate level is the need of the hour. Upskilling in today’s digital age offers an opportunity to position oneself for higher success and opportunities. At the most basic level, upskilling involves keeping abreast of the latest changes in terms of technology, processes, domains, business avenues, etc.
The power grid has been continually updated with new technologies including increased efficient and environmentally friendly generating sources, advancements in computerized monitoring and energy-efficient load management. Public policies, economics, and technological innovations are driving the rapid rate of change in the electric power system. The electrical power system has transitioned to the new two-way power flow system with a fast rate and continues to move forward.
The electric power industry faces significant challenges in achieving grid parity. Applications of HVDC and FACTS provide performance solutions, but they may further complicate network operation and planning. The need for network control becomes exacerbated by the large-scale growth of energy efficiency and demand utilizing inverter-based technologies, including applications of electric vehicles.
The FDP primarily focused on the recent progressions in the smart grid technologies, electricity markets, renewable energy technologies, power electronics applications in grid integration & electric vehicles and opportunities available in academia and industry with an emphasis on ML.
- Understand the basics of Smart Grid Technologies
- Overview of Electricity Markets
- Role of power electronics in Renewable Energy Integration & Electric Vehicle Technology
- Research opportunities in higher academia and industry with an emphasis on Machine learning
- Machine learning, how it is applied to various applications, and how it is processed on various platforms
- An excellent learning opportunity for researchers and faculties who focus on applied research